BECOMING A MEMBER OF PIAA AND POSTING PROFILE ONLINE
IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY LIVING IN HAWAII OR AMERICAN SAMOA, PLEASE CALL TO SEE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE.
WE DO ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM OTHER PACIFIC ISLANDS AND ALASKA IF INFORMATION WE NEED IS AVAILBLE.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT PROFILE APPLICATIONS FROM THE MAINLAND USA. SORRY.
PIAA IS A 501c3 NON PROFIT, MEMBERSHIP BASED ORGANIZATION
AS DESIGNATED BY THE IRS.
WE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE FOR SERVICES, HOWEVER YOU MUST BE A MEMBER TO
RECEIVE SERVICES. ANYONE CAN BE A MEMBER OF PIAA TO LEARN ABOUT NCAA RULES AND REGULATIONS, RECRUITING, TO SUPPORT OUR PROGRAM AND HELP ATHLETES SUCCEED. MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION BELOW.
FREE SERVICE INCLUDES WEBSITE PROFILE AND MARKETING OF ATHLETES TO COLLEGES NATIONWIDE. ADDITIONAL SERVICES PROVIDED BY OUTSIDE VENDORS ARE FEE BASED BUT DISCOUNTED AND OFTEN FREE, BASED ON FUNDING RECEIVED. THESE SERVICES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO VIDEO EDITING SERVICES, SAT & FINANCIAL AID WORKSHOPS
A MEMBERSHIP FEE IS REQUIRED BY THE IRS. A ONE TIME FEE IS ASSESSED, NO MATTER IF YOU ARE A FRESHMAN,A SENIOR OR A NON ATHLETE, EVERYONE PAYS THE SAME - PER NCAA REGULATIONS.
Group/Team rates are available and allowable by the NCAA
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE POSTING PROFILE
PIAA is not accepting registration for Baseball or Mens Wrestling.
We are only accepting Mens Basketball with understanding of our limited services. Please email for information before submitting your profile
If you are in any of these sports, please email us for information on what you need to do.
We gladly accept Volleyball; Softball; Girls Wrestling; Football; Girls Basketball; Track & Field; Riflery;
Soccer; Lacrosse; Swimming; Tennis; Golf; Gymnastics
Applications are accepted online only. Application must be done on line via link below. You may mail payment or pay online, but
you must email your application and your photo. No exceptions,
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO ADDRESS BELOW. THIS IS A MAILING ADDRESS ONLY AND NOT THE ADDRESS OF PIAA!
- PIAA is a charitable membership based 501(c)3 organization. PIAA is not a typical recruiting service. We do not charge you thousands of dollars for assisting you, for parking your profile on our web site or assisting you in getting your name out to colleges. There is a one time membership fee open to athletes, parents, family, coaches, and those who want to support the local athletes as well as learn more about the recruiting process. To post profile online, athlete must be a member of PIAA.
- Beginning 6/6/2011, all new profiles are full page, rather than group page profiles. Our costs have increased, thus the membership fee has increased. The new profile format is designed to provide better service to the athletes and to provide the best exposure possible to the college coaches. Athlete profile will stay online until you graduate. Any changes, additions or updates can be made free of charge just by e-mailing PIAA. You should still continue to be proactive in the recruiting process and have video available." Please note, students phone number will not be posted for security and safety reasons. Your email is posted for the exclusive use by college coaches. Other contact information is provided to college coaches through our monthly Recruiting Sheet.
***it is suggested, but not required, that you have a separate email address for college coaches to use***
- There is no guarantee you/your son/daughter will receive a college athletic scholarship. With some sports, there is little or no scholarship money and our service will be about helping your athlete find a college where he or she can compete, and is affordable to your family. Only a small handful of student athletes will receive full scholarships (room, board, books and tuition). Most athletes who do receive scholarships will receive partial scholarships.
- Due to IRS status, we must charge a membership fee. This is a a one time, tax deductible fee. Whether you post as a freshman or a senior or in between, the fee is the same, $220.00
- Due to NCAA regulations, all athletes must pay the same fee for the same service. If you want to post a profile, you may pay in one lump sum or over the course of 90 days. See Below.
- Changes to profiles can be made as necessary at no cost and will be done on a first come first served basis.
- There are no other implied agreements or guarantees of students being recruited. PIAA cannot and will not guarantee a scholarship for any athlete. Only a college coach can make a promise of a scholarship offer. If any company or person other than a college coach promises you a scholarship, beware!
- PIAA reserves the right to remove athletes from the PIAA web site if the athlete is kicked off his/her team for problems and issues not related to academics. Academic issues can be addressed by sending the athlete to Junior College.
- PIAA reserves the right to remove athletes from the PIAA web site if an athlete is posted on a For Profit/Pay for Service Recruiting Service. This does NOT include Scout.com, Rivals.com, ESPN.com, gobigrecruting.com, bluechip.com or any other FREE service. In the past PIAA has put in many hours of work and secured scholarships only to have the 'for profit' recruiting service publicly take credit. PIAA does not take credit for our work, we prefer to have the focus on the athlete, parents and coaches. However, we do not appreciate other companies that charge hundreds or thousands of dollars take credit for the time and work PIAA staff puts into you. It is your option to post with whomever you like, PIAA is just one option. If you have chosen to sign up with any for profit recruiting service (AGAIN, this does NOT include Rivals.com, Scout.com, gobigrecruiting.com or other services that do not charge you) and you would like to be a PIAA member, you will be required to donate $500. No exceptions. PIAA will not provide services for our $220 membership fee to those of you who have chosen to pay a recruiting service hundreds or thousands of dollars and profiles will be will be removed immediately.
- If you do not disclose your relationship with a for-profit recruiting service and PIAA finds out about it, your profile will be removed with no notice and no refund.
- A FEW IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Students must respond to all requests from all coaches until they have an offer in hand they are happy with. PIAA does not tolerate "Big Timing" Coaches - you are not better than any coach or any program and should never ignore a coaches request until you have something you are happy with. When that happens, you
should promptly and politely respond to college coaches that you have made your decision and thank them for their time and interest. If a coach tells me about students 'big timing' them - ignoring requests, not calling/emailing back - I will contact the athlete and it will be PIAA's option to drop you from our program with no refund.
- When a coach requests video, it should be sent IMMEDIATELY. As an Island Athlete you are at a distinct disadvantage! Not all coaches get to Hawaii to see you so you must get video into the coaches hands immediately upon request. You are not all going into the Pac12 or Mountain West or WAC - those are the schools that most frequently visit Hawaii (with the WAC going bye bye soon in football) Make recruiting you as easy as possible for the college coaches. If they receive video from other players equal to you before your video reaches them, you may very well be removed from their recruiting list.
- We expect replies to our emails and coaches emails. If a student or parent does not reply to emails in a timely fashion, PIAA has the right to remove the athlete from the PIAA website and the PIAA recruiting sheet without notice. This is NOT something we want to do, but if you are not proactive in this recruiting process, meaning if you do not want to help yourself through this process, we cannot help you. If you want someone to do all the work for you, please go pay a recruiting service thousands of dollars.
PIAA will email you when a coach is requesting video. YOU MUST respond to all requests for video and acknowledge receipt of the email. When PIAA emails you for information, updates or questions, you must respond. PIAA athletes are expected to be polite and responsive to college coaches. PIAA has the option to remove your profile at anytime if you are not responsive or we hear from college coaches that you have been rude. If you do not respond to PIAA requests and emails we will assume you no longer have an interest in playing college athletics or you have found another venue to work with. If you want PIAA to help you, you must help us help you!
Please note: If you have a spam filter, boxbe or any other type of email filtering, YOU must put PIAA on a safe list. PIAA will not fill out forms or requests to be added to your 'safe' list.
Parents are required to read the Parent Code of Conduct.
When clicking on the link below, you agree to everything listed above prior to becoming a member of PIAA.
If you do not like what you have read, please do not click below and do not become a member of PIAA. We do not solicit members, it is 100% your choice to work with PIAA or not. We look forward to having you as a member.
STEP 1 - MAKE YOUR PAYMENT (SEE BELOW OPTIONS)
STEP 2 - Click on the link below for your sport. When you register please use your name for your user name, like this "Kanoa Smith". No nicknames. The name you enter will automatically show on your video page. I cannot change it once you enter it.
STEP 3 - If you do not have it ready and you need to EMAIL PHOTO rather than attach it to registration form - photo must be in .jpeg and NOT from on iPhone or iPad. email to:
Please follow all instructions
You may pay your tax deductible donation/membership fee via mail or pay here online. DO NOT PHYSICALLY GO TO ADDRESS THIS IS FOR MAILING PURPOSES ONLY AND NOT THE OFFICE OF PIAA! Mail to:
Pacific Islands Athletic Alliance, 1130 2nd Ave, C1, Honolulu 96816 OR
Please note athletes name on payment the Pay Pal form: