PACIFIC ISLANDS ATHLETIC ALLIANCE
Parent Code of Conduct
Required reading and understanding for parents of all athletes participating in any and all PIAA events and website posting.
Parents are required to read and understand this form prior to their children posting their profile on the PIAA website, participating in any PIAA events including but not limited to the National Letter of Intent Signing Day, special photo shoots and PIAA Combines.
Any parent guilty of improper conduct at any event will be asked to leave the facility/venue Repeat violations may cause removal of your sons or daughters profile from the PIAA website and/or having your child excluded from further PIAA events and/or banning violating parent from futher PIAA events, including but not limited to National Letter of Intent Signing Day, special photo shoots and PIAA Combines
* I will be a positive role model at all events
* I will respect and refrain from yelling at any participants, coaches, PIAA Staff, volunteers and spectators.
* I will insist my player treat other players, coaches, staff, volunteers and spectators with respect.
* If I have a concern, I will talk to the director of the event at the appropriate time and place and never loudly or rudely.
* I understand attending PIAA events is not a required event but a privilege to be included and therefore will not berate the PIAA staff or its volunteers.
* I understand when a college coach calls, my son or daughter will follow PIAA rules by returning calls and emails in a timely manner. My son or daughter will not ‘big time’ any coach and treat them all equally until he or she has an offer they are happy with, then politely let the coaches know by phone or email they have narrowed down their choices, and thank them for their interest.
* I understand not all athletes will receive scholarships. I will be pro-active and provide PIAA with all the necessary tools to help my son or daughter in the recruiting process.
* I understand the ‘no video, no scholarship’ rule and will provide video in a timely manner.
* I understand only a college coach, no other individual, organization or recruiting service can guarantee a scholarship to my child and I believe PIAA will do its best to secure a scholarship and/or placement for my child.
By filling out the forms on the PIAA website, I agree to all of the above.
Original Posting 4/20/2005